Jason signs off
Fans of Sonali,
Last weekend we went to the Children's museum for a family outing. When we went last year...

we mostly spent the day in the "Playspace" for kids 0-3. This time, one year later...
The Playspace was fun, but there was so much more we could do, including making giant bubbles,
playing with the green screen (which made Sonali's green-pant-wearing legs disappear),
and enjoying driving a Bobcat in the construction exhibit.
Finally, after repeatedly twisting Jason's arm to keep posting his funny and loving observations of Sonali's childhood, he finally tells me he's ready to quit. He's under the impression that the only people who read this blog are friends and family on my side, so he is hoping that I will carry the torch on my own. I think this is something that Sonali will cherish when she is older, and I disagree that all of our readers are only my friends! (After all these years, many of "my" friends are also Jason's friends anyway...) So, readers, I have some homework for you. Leave your comments here about why Jason should keep writing. Now's the time to de-lurk if you've been an anonymous visitor. Help me to convince Jason that many people enjoy his posts!

8 Comments:
First of all, yes, I met Shoumita first, but Jason IS my friend now, too, and I'm so glad for it. The Dasguptas were like my second family when I was growing up, and now the Dasguptas AND Fiorillos are like my second family -- my whole family's second family.
Secondly, Shoumita is, of course, a wonderful writer, but so is Jason. I've always enjoyed what BOTH of you have to say. Each of you has your own style, and those styles complement each other beautifully here (well, and everywhere). I love Jason's sense of humor; I think it contributes a great deal to the joyful spirit of this blog. So, PLEASE, Jason, don't quit!!
Ditto what Beth said! We consider ALL you all (that's the plural of "you all") to be our friends; so, Jason, your friends are reading and responding! Please don't stop writing; both of you do a wondrous job of chronicling the adventures of your marvelous family!
sorry for lurking. If i promise to lurk less, will you write? you know i read this! :)
KEEP WRITING JASON OR WE WILL KICK YOUR ... BUNS.
I'm an erratic but loyal lurker and Jason's posts always bring a big smile to my face. I'd be so sad if he stopped adding his perspective!
BTW, hi to all three of you! Sorry for my very long silence from the west coast.
Hello ?!?! Jason. Don't I count for anything? I'm a loyal reader of Sonali's blog. I'm just now catching up with all the entries as I've been in my own la-la land for the last couple months.
I too keep Sofia's blog first and foremost for her to enjoy when she gets older and only wish Ray was literate enough to write something once in a while. So you should definetely keep writing not only because it provides a more varied account of Sonali's childhood but also to record your own perspectives on it which she will surely cherish later on.
Another thought -- guilt! Sonali will look back years from now and say, "Daddy, why did you stop writing? Did you stop loving me?" And funny how the signing off came around the same time as news of a sibling. Hmm...how will you explain that to Sona??
I agree with Pam(moo) and Bether.
We enjoy reading your Blog. So, please keep writing Jason and Shoumita about your adventures during your journey through
the center of the earth with Sonali and the baby.
Post a Comment
<< Home