Dance Dance Dance Revolution
This weekend, in an amazing convergence of my interests, there was an Indian dance recital held at MIT. This event incorporated my love of Indian dance, activities for kids, and a fondness for MIT. What luck!
First, we all ventured out to MIT to have lunch at the student center. Ah, the memories...er sort of. The place where we ate is at least the third inhabitant of that space since we graduated!
After lunch, we went into Kresge auditorium, and the recital began. The students ranged in age from 5 - 55, and they were all doing lovely dances and having a great time.
Sonali loved the colorful outfits, music, and watching other kids. Just imagine something so fascinating that a 2 year-old is willing to sit completely still and mesmerized for a full 90 minutes. We had to do some advanced negotiation to get her out of the auditorium when it was time to go. I'm thinking this is going to be a big hit for her when she's older, and I am already psyched for this mother-daughter activity!

2 Comments:
What gorgeous photos of the dancers! Might Sonali participate someday?
I truly hope so! I don't want to start her too early for fear of turning her off to the dancing fun. Maybe in 2-3 years?
Post a Comment
<< Home