Sunday, October 21, 2007

Shubo bijoya

Shubo Bijoya to our friends and family!

Today we went to celebrate Durga Puja as a family, and Sonali got to wear a new Indian dress for the ocassion. She was so excited to wear a dress with bells on it, and she felt exactly like the Indian dancers that she is so enamored with these days. Sonali also was thrilled to have a bindi to match her outfit, and so I presented her with her own sheet of modern sticker bindis. She kept saying, "Oh, thank you, Mommy! I'm going to give you a happy birthday kiss!" I also made the rookie mistake of letting her take the sheet of bindis to bed with her. She just snuck back downstairs with stickers all over her face!



Before I put Sonali back to bed, I wanted to mention that we met our old friends Pantu Mashi and Mike Uncle at the Puja. We had a lovely time celebrating and send our holiday greetings out to all our friends and family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cdas said...

thanks for posting that!!
-p

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter