Monday, October 26, 2009

Shubo Diwali!

It's been a typical madhouse in Casa F. so (as usual) I am behind on catching up with the photos. I think I'll go on a photo blitz to make up for it.

Here's Nalini enjoying her first game of Twister. With the walking and big kid clothes, she's looking older every day. The highlights of Twister included roaming all over the playroom with the spinner, laying on the game board, and goofing off with Sonali.


Here's Sonali at the park on a perfect autumn day. With Sonali more or less finished with her afternoon naps, we now take her on little local outings to give Nalini a chance to rest while we're out. When winter hits, we'll have to rethink this plan. In the meantime, we picked the park nestled in the woods so the we could enjoy the leaves and colors. And, yes, that is a brand, spanking new haircut! She lost about 10 inches or so and looks cuter than ever.


We also all went to the MIT Diwali (Festival of Lights) celebration. Check out the intricate rangoli patterns below made of colored powders. Sonali and Nalini were both mesmerized by the various Indian classical dance performances.



Just for two days, us girls are on our own, and I generally am treated with very cooperative, helpful girls while Jason is gone. Today, I had to run upstairs to change out of my work clothes, and Sonali helped me out by feeding Nalini once I got the meal on the tray. Yes, Nalini can feed herself and usually insists on doing so, but it makes both of them crack up when Sonali is doing the spooning!


Halloween is just around the corner, and we've got a weekend full of fun in store. We promise more pictures soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Big J. said...

Hello to all my girls from NYC. :)

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Pam said...

I like Sonali's haircut; both she and Nalini are cute as buttons! I'm glad you got to enjoy the fall colors and weather. This year has been spectacular! Hi to Jason, too -- I'm looking forward to one of his intricately carved pumpkins.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous didima said...

I had a wonderful trick or treat night with the girls. I am so glad to see them all! Jason's intricately carved Pumpkin with a candle inside was the biggest hit of the evening. I always saw the pictures. But this time I saw both Sonali and Jason in action. Sonali made me do some intricate moves too. They were funny.
I will tell you about them later. But it was fun all in all.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Pam said...

Picture of pumpkin, please?

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter