Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shubo Bijoya

Hello everyone,

We've had a brief blog hiatis while I upgraded my computer, and all systems are back to normal now, so we can share a bunch of pictures...

Sonali recently started swimming lessons with her school pal Rory - Sonali and Rory have been at school together since age three months, and they are dear friends. Now, they are embarking on a new adventure together - swim lessons! Sonali really started loving the pool this summer, and we thought this would be a way to keep her interested during the winter. It's also good for her, in terms of fun and in terms of safety, to have strong swimming skills since we have our own pool. Here's a picture of Sonali and Rory after their first swim class together.



Nalini hasn't been swimming yet, but she definitely enjoys a good soak in the tub and a nice shampoo!



This weekend we also celebrated Durga Puja with our dear friends C, M, and R as well as J and S who were visiting from out of town. Although we usually go to a local celebration, neither one of us was brave enough to head out into such a large gathering with our newborns (Nalini is 2 months older than Rohan), so we had a wonderful time at C's house instead.



Shubo Bijoya to all of our friends and family!

In closing, I can't resist sharing a story that I overheard Sonali telling Nalini the other morning.

"Dear sweet Nalini, I was waiting so long for you. You were in Mommy's tummy for a such a long time! I missed you!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - especially the one of Nalini enjoying her bath. Sounds like Nalini is going to have an easy breezy time of things with such a doting big sister to look after her.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonali is the lovely person!
I love Nalin's picture with the shampoo head and a big smile.
Each picture is full of stories about you all. I enjoy seeing them after a long interval.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Big J. said...

Funny, I have a similar thought whenever I see a dessert. I think, "Dear sweet cookie. I waited so long for you. I missed you. I want you in my tummy now."

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are just too cute! It's amazing how well Sonali and Nalini have bonded. What a glorious grin Namlini has, and I like Sonali's umbrella from the swimming class picture, as well as her own grin with dimples. I hope you get some "dear sweet cookies" soon, Jason!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter