Back to school
We're not sure exactly how this happened, but the summer ended incredibly quickly. My maternity leave is officially over (though I will continue to work from home 1-2 days per week this semester, if possible), and Sonali's off to preschool. Here's a trip down memory lane of Augusts past.
August 2005, Sonali 6 weeks old

August 2006, Sonali 13 months old

August 2007, Sonali 25 months old
August 2008, Sonali 3 years old and Nalini 2 months old!
Actually, the picture above was taken as we prepared to head to a hospital in Boston to greet our new friend, Rohan, the son of our dear friends M and C. Now Nalini will be able to point to the picture when she and Rohan are 50 years old and say, "Remember when we all came to see you when you were 2 days old?" Congratulations on the wonderful little boy, M & C!
It's been a crazy week for us all - Sonali is already loving every moment of preschool. This year, they address the teachers as Ms. and Mr., rather than by first name, in preparation for kindergarten in two years. They also have gymnastics classes starting next week and plenty of exciting activities to keep everyone entertained. Sonali is also enjoying a busy weekend filled with swim and dance classes, a dance performance, a brunch party at our house, and a visit from Didima.
I've gone back to work as well this week. I was in the office twice last week, with Jason covering for me at home, and Didima will be helping us out when I'm in the office this week. So far, so good, although I do miss the summer at home. Next week, impossible to believe, will be Nalini's first week at the Barn, just downstairs from Sonali's classroom. Sonali went through the same classroom three years ago at the same age, and she thrived, so we're hoping for the same with Nalini. The preschool teachers are open to bringing kids downstairs to visit siblings throughout the day, so I am sure that Sonali and Nalini will enjoy seeing each other even more than they do now. Maybe Sonali will even be able to tell her sister about how she used to not like the bottle at school, but quickly loved the independence it gave her and even took to feeding herself...

2 Comments:
Boy, our flash was bright this year!
I like it when you have "time line" pictures and let us share in the growth of your wonderful family! Best wishes to you all!
Post a Comment
<< Home