Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Birthday festivities

We started out the weekend enjoying the hot weather and the excellent floaty toy (we're calling it Sonali's boat) that Sonali got for her birthday from Pantu Mashi and Mike Uncle. She can lean way over in her boat and begin kicking and pulling her arms through the water. Anyone who knows how many hours I spent in the pool as a kid will know that I'm very excited about Sonali starting to enjoy the water on her own. This is definitely easy to do when the water hits 90 degrees as it did this weekend.




This was a relaxing start to what turned out to be a very exciting and fun weekend!

J and I had Sonali's usual baby sitter booked for Saturday night's date night, birthday edition. I figured we were going out to celebrate both of our birthdays with a nice dinner. I was a little surprised when we stopped by the place where we had our first date for a drink. I was under the impression that this was the birthday surprise of the night.

Imagine my shocked surprise when we walked down the street for dinner and I was greeted by our dear friends (left to right: Beth & Bob, Pantu & Mike, us, Bruce & Avi)!



Beth and Bob travelled up from Western PA, and it was a extra special treat to see them. We were lucky that they were able to come out to our house the next day as well, and Sonali enjoyed showing off for the camera.



Thanks for all of the birthday celebrations! We can't wait to celebrate with Daddy on Thursday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the surprise Birthday party you all look very happy and relaxed.
Way to go baby! Just kidding.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad this all worked out so well! Beth has been wanting to come visit and let you all and Bob meet. Happy Birthday to you and Jason, Shoumita. Sonali is growing so quickly; she's an amazing little girl!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter