Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

Everyone is going to be home in just a few moments, and I really should be working, but...I'd much rather share some fun holiday pictures!

For our second visit from Santa, we all travelled down to PA to visit Didima. The girls survived the long car ride remarkably well, and Sonali was especially excited that Santa found us again in Camp Hill.


Here's Nalini enjoying her festive new outfit from Didima:
 

And after all the fun, the girls went out for a walk with Daddy to work up an appetite for yet another delicious meal, courtesy of Didima.


The highlights of our time in Camp Hill were seeing old friends, introducing Nalini to all of our friends and family friends, and for Sonali - going to the YMCA! I must admit, that is a seriously fun splash pool, complete with fountains and waterfalls. Nalini loved it too. Alas, our camera is not waterproof, so we don't have pictures of this.

We spent Tuesday morning at the YMCA in an attempt to tire everyone out for good naps on the way to DC to visit JishuMama and RichaMamima. You can see here, Sonali was too excited to actually sleep.


Lucky for us, it wasn't too long of a car ride, and we were so happy to be able to visit JishuMama and RichaMamima in their beautiful condo in DC. We were all very comfortable there, and we enjoyed living the city life for a couple days. 

JishuMama was able to take the day off on New Year's Eve, and he joined Jason and Sonali on a trip to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum.




Here they are enjoying the Butterfly Pavilion:


The butterflies even landed right on JishuMama! Is it the green shirt or the not-going-to-work-for-a-few-days beard that attracted them?

When RichaMamima got home, we were able to celebrate the New Year with a delicious Chinese dinner. Our ace photographer, Sonali, provided the picture below.


After a great trip to DC, we piled into the car again to drive to NJ and visit with Evan, Elena, and Marley for lunch before continuing on to Boston. Marley is just two months  older than Nalini, and they are already becoming fast friends.

It was a whirlwind tour of the East Coast, but the holidays brought us wonderful memories with family and friends that we don't get to see often enough!

Here's to a wonderful new year in 2009! Nalini's already made her first resolution: to work on getting a mouthful of teeth. Tooth number one has just debuted!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonali's a good photographer! When I was her age and took pictures, I cut off everyone's heads in the photograph! Anyway, it was great to see you all and to meet Nalini at last! I can't wait to see you all again!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also think it was great to meet Nalini and to see all you all, and I just wanted to wish you a happy inauguration day today!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter