Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ten years, 2 kids, and 2 cakes later

Faithful readers, are you still there? I admit, it has been a long time since I have written, but I hope you will forgive me. Somehow, even when the pace at work slows down, it seems that other things pick up to fill the time - notably, home remodeling, but for now I want to focus on fun things, like...CAKE!

Do any of you remember this cake? We sure did, and we've been thinking about it for 10 years.


I went to Sonali's "open school night" a few weeks back, and I saw a story she was working on writing. It was all about when Jason and I got married, which was interesting because we hadn't mentioned our upcoming anniversary at the time. The plot of the story centered all around the cake, so naturally, I thought we needed to get our hands on the cake again.



So I contacted the bakery in California that made the original, but alas, they were unable to make another and have it arrive safely in Massachusetts. Instead, I decided to contact some friends of ours who recently opened a fantastic new restaurant in the area (Journeyman in Somerville), and they were willing to recreate the cake for us. I think they did a great job!


Both kids were so excited to see such an edible work of art - chocolate cake with ganache filling and wine-soaked raisins (to take us back to the Fogarty Winery, where we held the reception). For all you concerned adults out there, the wine was cooked and was safe for the kids to eat.


Both girls actually gasped when they came down the stairs and saw this delight before them. They loved it, and so did we. Actually, the cake sort of knocked us out, it was SO delicious.


Happy 10th anniversary to us! Thank you all for celebrating with us then, and for being a part of our lives now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Pam said...

Happy Anniversary to you! Where does the time go -- it's hard to believe it's been 10 years. What a fabulous cake for a fabulous couple!

9:08 AM  
Blogger c(*oo*)o said...

Your cake was gorgeous. Congratulations.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Swapna said...

Happy 25 more 10 years to you two. The cake looks so beautiful and delicious!
I love the smiles on Nalini and Sonali. It's worth a million. I certainly remember the Fogarty Winery.
You look wonderful too.
Love you.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter