Happy New Year 2011!
Hello again,
I have been away from the blog for a few weeks, wishing I was doing what Nalini is doing right here. Work has been nuts on its own, but add on top of that 4 blizzards in 4 weeks, school closures (theirs, not mine) left and right, and multiple family illnesses, and you have a recipe for a stressed family. So I decided I needed a little break from my work. Please, don't remind me that it is nearly 11 pm and that I am not yet prepared to teach my class tomorrow morning. I'll deal with that in a few minutes. But for now, let's relive a little holiday cheer.
Here is Nalini moments after opening her treasured "Grandpuppy" given to her by her Grandpappy. She adores it!

And here is Nalini having a blast making sugar cookies.
While Grandma was visiting, we managed to have a few quiet moments, including this one in front of a warm fire, wearing matching PJs from Grandma and getting ready for a long night of waiting for Santa.
Let's just say they were THRILLED when they discovered that Santa had visited.
It was really special to see the pure joy on their faces this holiday season, now that they are both old enough to know about Santa, but not too old to spoil the magic.
And it was lovely to be able to share that magic with Grandma during her visit. Now back to work...and to counting down to the next vacation!

3 Comments:
I've been hoping to see the latest photos, and they're wonderful! Such happy smiles! Best wishes muddling through all the things that have to be done; you all amaze me with all you accomplish.
I loved the lovely smiles you all have. I am very happy to see you enjoying the Christmas vacation.It is simply a wonderful feeling to watch the simple expressions of appreciation.
Happy New Year to you.
Love.
Oh man, Nalini is starting to look so big!
-RSD
Post a Comment
<< Home