Triveni annual show
Hello everyone!
Before things get totally out of hand (I have a new class starting up next week), I thought I would update you on Sonali's annual show from last weekend. We have been working hard together to get ready for the show, and Sonali was just so excited about the big day.
Here she is with her friends backstage - can you feel the excitement in the air?
This is the warmup time. The girls are finding their spots on stage and getting ready for the big performance.
Nalini was anxiously waiting for her sister to appear on stage. After Sonali was done dancing, Nalini kept looking for her to come back, until they were finally reunited.
Here is Sonali getting ready for her performance of the Mela Prapti. She was recognized by the head of the school as someone who loves dancing and who would be willing to work hard to learn a new dance for the show. As a result, she got placed into the next level up for the show. Notice the bells on her feet - they add to the music with each step.
After the show, all 250 kids appeared on stage for a final bow. We stuck around to thank Sonali's teacher, who also performed in the finale.
We were lucky to have Didima in town and to have a number of Sonali's friends come to show their support. We are all so proud of her!



4 Comments:
It was a splendid afternoon with Sonali, Nalini, friends and the parents.
Each dancer is so talented!
I am thankful for being able to attend the school programs. I forget the distance I drive. In fact it is my greatest pleasure when I make it there.
Awesome pictures! Sonali looks so bright and happy - her love for dancing really shows.
-R
Really neat.
Sonali's love of dancing just shines through the pictures! She is a beautiful, graceful young lady!
Post a Comment
<< Home