Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Magnifique!

Sonali's teachers have been doing numerous creative art projects with the kids all year, and many of the projects have been kept a secret. Last night, the art and young artists made their grand debut at the Center art show, complete with galleries, wine and cheese, and silent auctions of group art projects! Shown below is an up and coming star in the art world, little Sonali Fiorillo, posing with her father. When questioned about her works, Sonali responded in her finest faux-French:

Sonali: Zis painting waz inzpired by zie famous imprezzionists in zie earlie part of zis centurie. I love zie dramatic interplay of zie orange and zie red. I call it "L'Orange Rorschach Esplotch."

Sonali: Zis mazterpiece waz created by les enfantes en zie, how do you say, "babie", classe. We all had our handz en it. It waz our crowning achievement, our piece de resistance, our joije de vive. We call it, simply, "Rouge."

Daddy: Sold! I'll take these two, and, what the heck, throw in the toddler Maplethorpe as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a magnificent piece of artwork! I am simply amazed at the colors and the expressions.
It is a priceless work.
Congratulations.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter