Monday, July 11, 2005

Must...write...it...down....


Like the star of the movie Memento, who has lost the ability to form new memories, I too am seemingly unable to preserve thoughts in my head for more than a few minutes. Try as I might, these thoughts merely vanish the moment that little Sonali cries. So, I spend the day half-accomplishing countless trivial tasks. For example, last week I was trying to go to the grocery store to pick up some things. I needed my wallet, keys, umbrella and grocery list. As I was gathering these items, Sonali cried. I rocked her a little bit and then tried to leave again. On my way out I got all but the grocery list. I made it halfway down the block, turned around and tried again. Sonali cried again. This time I forgot the umbrella. Strange, as it was pouring, and as I stepped outside I was instantly drenched. I dashed back in, set my keys down, grabbed the umbrella and the list and ran out to the car, only to find that I couldn't start it without keys.

Each and every task has become like this. Perhaps it's sleep deprivation, or mere distraction by our newborn. Whatever the case,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This behavior is normal and healthy. It just means your "must not forget baby" instinct is strong and it's overriding all your other "must not forget ..." brain space.

5:23 PM  
Blogger c(*oo*)o said...

Dude, less talking about yourself, more pictures of cute little Sonali.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter